SIOMA (Système Intégré d’Observation Météorologique d’Aérodrome) was developed to gather, process and display Met Garden and Runway meteorological data operated by by weather observers, forecasters, and air traffic controllers in airport control towers.
- a series of meteorological sensors
- a redundant data acquisition platform running on CAOBS Chrome suite
- a set of backup digital display indicators
CAOBS Chrome software
CAOBS Chrome is a distributed software application ensuring Met Parameter acquisition / processing and assisting staff for airport operations in encoding METAR/SPECI/SYNOP observation messages as well as TAF/SIGMET/AIRMET forecast messages.
Using Web technology, it offers a large range of modules tailored for the specific needs of aviation and synoptic meteorology, such as monthly climatological table.
- Clustered server architecture provides continuity of service and fault tolerance
- The solution does not require any special infrastructure for client workstations other than an internet browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.)
- There are neither restrictions on the number of workstations that can interact, nor on the choice of operating system installed on client workstations (Windows, Linux, MacOSx)